Sunday 19 February 2012

HAQ Baat part Virtues and Merits of Sahabas [ra]

Quran states: If you will not aid him, Allah certainly aided him when those who disbelieved expelled him, he being the second of the two, when they were both in the cave, when he said to his companion: Grieve not, surely Allah is with us. So Allah sent down His tranquility upon him and strengthened him with hosts which you did not see, and made lowest the word of those who disbelieved; and the word of Allah, that is the highest; and Allah is Mighty, Wise.(9:40)

Hadith States: Anas narrated that Abu Bakr As-Saddiq “Allah be pleased with them” told him: I saw the feet of the unbelievers over our heads while we were in the cave. I said: “O Allah’s Prophet! If any of them look down, he will see us beneath the feet.” The Prophet “Allah’s blessing and peace be upon him” said: “O Abu Bakr! What do you think of the two persons, of whome Allah is the Third?”

Sahih Muslim: Volume 4 Page No. 226 Hadith No 2381 [Dar al-Kutab al Ilmiyyah Translated by Muhammad Mahdi Al Sarif] – Refer to Hadith No. 5868 in online version.

The Vast Majority of Muslims i.e. Ahlus Sunnah wal Jammah unanimously agree that this ayah has unquestionable and undeniable merit of Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) 



Abu Bakr (RA) shall be called in from all gates of Paradise

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "Anybody who spends a pair of something in Allah's Cause will be called from all the gates of Paradise, "O Allah's slave! This is good.' He who is amongst those who pray will be called from the gate of the prayer (in Paradise) and he who is from the people of Jihad will be called from the gate of Jihad, and he who is from those' who give in charity (i.e. Zakat) will be called from the gate of charity, and he who is amongst those who observe fast will be called from the gate of fasting, the gate of Raiyan." Abu Bakr said, "He who is called from all those gates will need nothing," He added, "Will anyone be called from all those gates, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "Yes, and I hope you will be among those, O Abu Bakr
Reference


Volume 5, Book 57, Number 18:Sahih Bukhari 



Merit of Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) in words of Hadrat Ali (Karam Allahu Wajahu) himself

Narrated Muhammad bin Al-Hanafiya:

I asked my father ('Ali bin Abi Talib), "Who are the best people after Allah's Apostle ?" He said, "Abu Bakr." I asked, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar. " I was afraid he would say "Uthman, so I said, "Then you? He said, "I am only an ordinary person.

Reference 

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 20: (Sahih Bukhari)


The first amongst men to enter paradise

Narrated AbuHurayrah: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: Gabriel came and taking me by the hand showed the gate of Paradise by which my people will enter. AbuBakr then said: Apostle of Allah! I wish I had been with you so that I might have looked at it. The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) then said: You, AbuBakr, will be the first of my people to enter Paradise

Reference 

Book 40, Number 4635: (Sunnan Abu Dawud) 



Finding Abu Bakr(R.A), when Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) is not present

Narrated Jubair bin Mutim: A woman came to the Prophet who ordered her to return to him again. She said, "What if I came and did not find you?" as if she wanted to say, "If I found you dead?" The Prophet said, "If you should not find me, go to Abu Bakr."
Reference 

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 11: (Sahih Bukhari)


Generosity of Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA)

Abu Sa'id reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sat on the pulpit and said: Allah gave a choice to His servant that he may opt the beauties of the world or that which is with Him and the servant chose that which was with Him. Thereupon Abu Bakr wept and he wept bitterly and said: Let our fathers and our mothers be taken as ransom for you. It was Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who had been given the choice and Abu Bakr knew it better than us, and Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) is reported to have said: Behold, of all people the most generous toward me in regard to his companionship and his property was Abu Bakr and were I to choose anyone as my bosom friend, I would have chosen Abu Bakr as my dear friend, but (for him) I cherish Islamic brotherliness and love. There shall be left open no window in the mosque except Abu Bakr's window.

Reference 

Book 031, Number 5869: Sahih Muslim


Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) as Bosom friend

Abdullah reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If I were to choose as my bosom friend I would have chosen the son of Abu Quhafa (Abu Bakr) as my bosom friend.

Reference 

Book 031, Number 5873: Sahih Muslim


Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) as a Successor

Ibn Abu Mulaika reported: I heard A'isha as saying and she was asked as to whom Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) would have nominated his successor if he had to nominate one at all. She said: Abu Bakr. It was said to her: Then whom after Abu Bakr? She said: Umar. It was said to her. Then whom after 'Umar? She said: Abu Ubaida b. Jarrab, and then she kept quiet at this.

Reference 

Book 031, Number 5877: Sahih Muslim 


Most beloved Person of Prophet(Peace be Upon Him)

Narrated 'Amr bin Al-As:The Prophet deputed me to read the Army of Dhat-as-Salasil. I came to him and said,"Who is the most beloved person to you?" He said, " 'Aisha." I asked, "Among the men?" He said, "Her father." I said, "Who then?" He said, "Then 'Umar bin Al-Khattab." He then named other men.

Reference

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 14: Sahih Bukhari 



Best Man among the Companions(R.A)
Narrated Ibn 'Umar(r.a):

We used to compare the people as to who was better during the lifetime of Allah's Apostle .We used to regard Abu Bakr(r.a) as the best, then 'Umar(r.a), and then 'Uthman(r.a) .

Reference 

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 57, Number 7


Sayyidna Abu Bakr (RA) and The Fear of Allah

The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) himself conveyed to him the glad tidings of his being the head of a group of persons in Paradise. The Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) once remarked:

"Abu Bakr's name shall be called out from all the gates of Paradise, and he will be the first of my followers to enter it."

With all these virtues and privileges, Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho) used to say:

"I wish I were a tree that would be cut and done away with."

Sometimes he would say:

"I wish I were a blade of grass, whose life ended with the grazing by some beast."

He also said: "I wish I were a hair on the body of a Mo'min."

Once he went to a garden, where he saw a bird singing. He sighed deeply and said:

"0, bird! How lucky you are! You eat, you drink and fly under the shade of the trees, and you fear no reckoning of the Day of Judgement. I wish I were just like you." 


His Humbleness

Hadhrat Rabiah Aslami (Radhiyallaho anho) narrates:

"Once I had some argument with Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho), during which he uttered a word that I did not like. He realized it immediately and said to me 'Brother, please say that word back to me in retaliation.' I refused to do so. He persisted, and even spoke of referring the matter to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam), but I did not agree to utter that word. He got up and left me. A few people of my clan remarked, 'Look! How strange! The person does wrong to you and, on the top of that, he threatens to complain to the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam)'.

I said, 'Do you know who he is. He is Abu Bakr (Radhiyallaho anho). To displease him is to displease the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) and to displease the Prophet (Sallallaho alaihe wasallam) is to displease Allah, and if Allah is displeased then who can save Rabiah from ruin? I went to the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihe wasallam) and narrated the whole story to him. He said, 'You were quite right in refusing to utter that word. But you could have said this much in reply: '0, Abu Bakr, (Radhiyallaho anho) May Allah forgive you!"



MERITS OF HADRAT UMAR AL-FAROOQ (R.A)



Praise of Sayyidna Umar (RA) in words of Hadrat Ali (Karam Allahu Wajahu)

bn Abu Mulaika reported: I heard Ibn 'Abbas as saying: Wlien 'Umar b. Khatab was placed in the coffin the people gathered around him. They praised him and supplicated for him before the bier was lifted up, and I was one amongst them. Nothing attracted my attention but a person who gripped my shoulder from behind. I saw towards him and found that he was 'All. He invoked Allah's mercy upon 'Umar and said: You have left none behind you (whose) deeds (are so enviable) that I love to meet Allah with them. By Allah, I hoped that Allah would keep you and your two associates together. I had often heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: I came and there came too Abu Bakr and 'Umar; I entered and there entered too Abu Bakr and 'Umar; I went out and there went out too Abu Bakr and 'Umar, and I hope and think that Allah will keep you along with them.

Reference

Book 031, Number 5885: Sahih Muslim 


House in Paradise for Umar (RA) was already built

Jabir reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying:I entered Paradise and saw in it a house or a palace. I said: For whom is it resersred? They (the Angels) said: It is for 'Umar b. Khattab.(The Holy Prophet said to 'Umar b. Khattab): I intended to get into it but I thought of your feelings.Thereupon 'Umar wept and said: Apostle of Allah, could I feel any jealousy in your case? 

Reference

Book 031, Number 5896: (Sahih Muslim)


Umar (RA) the one deserving to get inspiration
A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: There had been among the people before you inspired persons and if there were any such among my Umma Umar b. Khattab would be one of them. Ibn Wahb explained the word Muhaddathun as those who receive hint from the High (Mulhamun).

Reference

Book 031, Number 5901: (Sahih Muslim)


Allah aided Islam through Sayyidna Umar Ibn ul Khattab (Radhi Allah)

Sayyidna Ibn Umar (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) prayed. “O Allah, strengthen Islam with whichever of these two men is dearer to you. Abu Jahl or Umar ibn al-Khattab (Radhi Allah)”. And Umar (RA) was the one of the two dear to Allah

Reference

[Narrated in Tirimdhi Volume 2 Page No 638 Hadith No. 3701 – English Translation by Dar ul Ishaat Karachi, Pakistan] Imam Abu Isa Tirimdhi said : The Hadith is Hasan Sahih. 


Whosoever defames these 2 Sahaba does not love Prophet (saw)

Muhammad ibn Sirin said: I do not suppose that a man who defames Abu Bakr (RA) and Umar (RA) loves the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam)
Reference

[Tirimdhi, Hadith No. 3705 , Dar ul Ishaat], Imam Abu Isa al Tirimdhi (rah) said: The Hadith is Hasan Gharib.



Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) Confirming the Strenght of Imaan

Abu Sa'id Khudri reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as say ing: While I was asleep I saw people being presented to me (in a dream) and they wore shirts and some of these reached up to the breasts and some even beyond them. Then there happened to pass 'Umar b. Khattab and his shirt had been trailing. They said: Allah's Messeneer, how do you interpret the dream? He said: (As strength of) faith.

Reference

Book 031, Number 5887 Sahih Muslim


Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) informing about the Knowledge of Sayyidna Umar Ibn ul Khattab (R.A)

Hamza b. Abdullah b. 'Umar b. Khattab reported on the authority of his father that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: While I was asleep I saw (in a dream) a cup containing milk bein. presented to me. I took out of that until I perceived freshness being reflected through my nails. Then I presented the leftover to 'Umar b. Khattab. They said: Allah's Messenger: how do you interpret it? He said: This implies knowledge.

Reference

Book 031, Number 5887 Sahih Muslim 



Satan changes his way in front of Sayyidna Umar Ibn ul Khattab (R.A)


Sa'd b. Waqqas reported that Umar sought permission from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) to visit him when some women of the Quraish were busy in talking with him and raising their voices above his Voiee. When'Umar sought permission they stood up and went hurriedly behind the curtain. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) gave him permission smilingly. Thereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, may Allah keep you happy all your life. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: I wonder at these women who were with me and no sooner did they hear your voice, they immediately went behind the curtain. Thereupon 'Umar said: Allah's Messenger, you have more right that they should fear you. Then Umar (addressing the women) said: O ye enemies of yourselves, do you fear me and fear not the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him)? They said: Yes, you are harsh and strict as compared to the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). Thereupon, Allah's Messenger (maypeace be upon him) said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if satan would encounter you in the way he would certainly take a different way from that of yours.

Reference

Book 031, Number 5887 Sahih Muslim


“There cannot be any Prophet after our beloved Prophet Muhammad (Salallaho alaihi wasalam) as Authentic Hadith says“La Nabi Baadi” (There is no Prophet after me)” , however in explaining the greatness of Hadrat Umar (RA), Prophet (saw) said:”

Sayyidna Uqbah ibn Aamir (Radhi Allah) reported that Allah’s Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: If there were to be a Prophet after me then he would be Umar ibn al-Khattab

Reference

►[Tirimdhi Hadith No. 3706, Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal Hadith No. 17410]-In Tirimdhi It is declared as Hassan

►Volume 5, Book 57, Number 38: (Sahih Bukhari)



MERITS OF HADRAT UTHMAN BIN 'AFFAN (R.A)


Absolute happiness of Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) with Uthman(R.A)


Sayyidna Abdur Rahman ibn Khabbab (RA) narrated: I observed the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) while he was encouraging (people) for the army ill-equipped (for the battle of Tabuk). Uthman ibn Affan (RA) stood up and said, “O Messenger of Allah! On me are a hundred camels loaded with their cloths and saddles in the path of Allah.”. He continued to urge the people forward and Uthman (RA) got up and said. “O Messenger of Allah, I am bound to provide two hundred camels with their cloths and saddles in Allah’s path.” As the Prophet carried on his appeal, Uthman Ibn Affan (RA) got up and said, “O Messenger of Allah On me are three hundred camels with their cloth and saddles in Allah’s path.” I observed Allah’s Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasalam) get down from the pulpit, saying the while: (Say) Nothing against UTHMAN WHATEVER HE DOES AFTER THIS

Reference

[Sunnan al Tirimdhi Hadith No. 3720] – Imam Abu Isa Tirimdhi (rah) said: This Hadith is (Hasan) Gharib (i.e. rare but authentic) 



Uthman(R.A) the holder of shirt which some people tried to snatch (i.e. Caliphate)

Sayyidah Aisha (RA) reported that the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said (to Uthman), “O Uthman perhaps Allah may clothe you with a shirt. So, if people try to take it away from you, do not remove it for them
Reference 

[Musnad Ahmed bin Hanbal Hadith No. 25216],Imam Abu Isa Tirimdhi (rah) also declared it Hassan in his Sunnan 


Hatered for Uthman(R.A) is Anger for Allah

Sayyidna Jabir (ra) reported that funeral of a man was brought before the Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) that he may lead the funeral salah. But he did not pray over it. Someone said: O Messenger of Allah, we have never seen you neglect the salah over anyone before this. He said: he bore hatred for Uthman, so Allah is angry with him

Reference 

[Sunnah Tirimdhi Hadith No. 3729]



Angels show modesty towards Uthman(R.A)

A'isha reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) was lying in the bed in my apartment with his thigh or his shank uncovered that Abu Bakr sought permission to get in. It was given to him and he conversed in the same very state (the Prophet's thigh or shank uncovered). Then 'Umar sought permission for getting in and it was given to him and he conversed in that very state. Then 'Uthman sought permission for getting in; Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) sat down and he set right his clothes. Mubammad (one of the narrators) said: I do not say that it happened on the same day. He ('Uthman) then entered and conversed and as he went out, A'isha said: Abu Bakr entered aind you did not stir and did not observe much care (in arranging your clothes), then 'Umar entered and you did not stir and did not arrange your clothes, then 'Uthman entered and you got up and set your clothes right, thereupon he said: Should I not show modesty to one whom even the Angels show modesty.

Reference 

Book 031, Number 5906:Sahih Muslim



Glad tidings of Paradise

Narrated Abu Musa:

While I was with the Prophet in one of the gardens of Medina, a man came and asked me to open the gate. The Prophet said to me, "Open the gate for him and give him the glad tidings that he will enter Paradise." I opened (the gate) for him, and behold! It was Abu Bakr. I informed him of the glad tidings the Prophet had said, and he praised Allah. Then another man came and asked me to open the gate. The Prophet said to me "Open (the gate) and give him the glad tidings of entering Paradise." I opened (the gate) for him, and behold! It was 'Umar. I informed him of what the Prophet had said, and he praised Allah. Then another man came and asked me to open the gate. The Prophet said to me. "Open (the gate) for him and inform him of the glad tidings, of entering Paradise with a calamity which will befall him. " Behold ! It was 'Uthman, I informed him of what Allah's Apostle had said. He praised Allah and said, "I seek Allah's Aid."

Reference 

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 42: Sahih Bukhari



Innocence of Hazarth Uthman(R.A)

Sayyidna Ibn Umar (ra) reported that Allah’s Messenger (salallaho alaihi wasalam) mentioned a fitnah (trial), He said,:This innocent one will be killed in that, reffering to Uthman bin Affan

Reference 

[Sunnan Tirimdhi Hadith No 3728] 



Uthman Gani(R.A) Modesty

A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (mav peace be upon him), and Uthman both reported that Abu Bakr sought permission from Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) for entrance (in his apartment) as he had been lying on his bed covered with the bed-sheet of A'isha, and he gave permission to Abu Bakr in that very state and he, having his need fulfilled, went back. Then Umar sought permission and it was given to him in that very state and, after having his need fulfilled, he went back. And 'Uthman reported: Then I sought permission from him and he got up and raid to A'isha: Wrap yourself well with your cloth, then I got my need fulfilled and came back. And A'isha said: Allah's Messenger, why is it that I did not see you feeling any anxiety in case of dressing properly in the presence of Abu Bakr and 'Umar (Allah be pleased with them) as you showed in case of 'Uthman. Thereupon Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: Verily Uthman is a person who is very modest and I was afraid that if I permitted him to enter in this very state he would not inform me of his need.

Reference 

Sahih Muslim Book 031, Number 5907 


Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) taking Pledge on behalf of Uthman(R.A)

Narrated 'Uthman:

(the son of Muhib) An Egyptian who came and performed the Hajj to the Kaba saw some people sitting. He enquire, "Who are these people?" Somebody said, "They are the tribe of Quraish." He said, "Who is the old man sitting amongst them?" The people replied, "He is 'Abdullah bin 'Umar." He said, "O Ibn Umar! I want to ask you about something; please tell me about it. Do you know that 'Uthman fled away on the day (of the battle) of Uhud?" Ibn 'Umar said, "Yes." The (Egyptian) man said, "Do you know that 'Uthman was absent on the day (of the battle) of Badr and did not join it?" Ibn 'Umar said, "Yes." The man said, "Do you know that he failed to attend the Ar Ridwan pledge and did not witness it (i.e. Hudaibiya pledge of allegiance)?" Ibn 'Umar said, "Yes." The man said, "Allahu Akbar!" Ibn 'Umar said, "Let me explain to you (all these three things). As for his flight on the day of Uhud, I testify that Allah has excused him and forgiven him; and as for his absence from the battle of Badr, it was due to the fact that the daughter of Allah's Apostle was his wife and she was sick then. Allah's Apostle said to him, "You will receive the same reward and share (of the booty) as anyone of those who participated in the battle of Badr (if you stay with her).' As for his absence from the Ar-Ridwan pledge of allegiance, had there been any person in Mecca more respectable than 'Uthman (to be sent as a representative). Allah's Apostle would have sent him instead of him. No doubt, Allah's Apostle had sent him, and the incident of the Ar-Ridwan pledge of Allegiance happened after 'Uthman had gone to Mecca. Allah's Apostle held out his right hand saying, 'This is 'Uthman's hand.' He stroke his (other) hand with it saying, 'This (pledge of allegiance) is on the behalf of 'Uthman.' Then Ibn 'Umar said to the man, 'Bear (these) excuses in mind with you.'

Reference 

Sahih Bukhari Volume 5, Book 57, Number 48



MERITS OF HADRAT ALI (KARAM ALLAHU WAJAHU)



The Prophet(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) gave the Flag to Ali bin Abi Talib (RA) whom Allah and his Apostle love
Narrated Salama: Ali happened to stay behind the Prophet and (did not join him) during the battle of Khaibar for he was having eye trouble. Then he said, "How could I remain behind Allah's Apostle?" So 'Ali set out following the Prophet , When it was the eve of the day in the morning of which Allah helped (the Muslims) to conquer it, Allah's Apostle said, "I will give the flag (to a man), or tomorrow a man whom Allah and His Apostle love will take the flag," or said, "A man who loves Allah and His Apostle; and Allah will grant victory under his leadership." Suddenly came 'Ali whom we did not expect. The people said, "This is 'Ali." Allah's Apostle gave him the flag and Allah granted victory under his leadership.

Reference 

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 52: (Sahih Bukhari)



The Analogy between Aaron and Moses (Peace be upon them both)


Sa'd reported Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying to 'Ali: Aren't you satisfied with being unto me what Aaron was unto Moses?
Reference: Book 031, Number 5916: (Sahih Muslim)



Believers love Hadrat Ali and hypocrites nurse grudge against him
Zirr reported: 'Ali observed: By Him Who split up the seed and created something living, the Apostle (may peace and blessings be upon him) gave me a promise that No one but a believer would love me, and none but a hypocrite would nurse grudge against me.
Reference: Book 001, Number 0141: (Sahih Muslim)

Umar(R.A) against whom who degrades Ali(R.A)

Narrated Sad bin 'Ubaida:

A man came to Ibn 'Umar and asked about 'Uthman and Ibn 'Umar mentioned his good deeds and said to the questioner. "Perhaps these facts annoy you?" The other said, "Yes." Ibn 'Umar said, "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. degrade you)!' Then the man asked him about 'Ali. Ibn 'Umar mentioned his good deeds and said, "It is all true, and that is his house in the midst of the houses of the Prophet. Perhaps these facts have hurt you?" The questioner said, "Yes." Ibn 'Umar said, "May Allah stick your nose in the dust (i.e. degrade you or make you do things which you hate) ! Go away and do whatever you can against me."

Reference 

Volume 5, Book 57, Number 54Sahih Bukhari)



For whosoever is Prophet (saw) Mawla, Ali is Mawla


Hadith #1

Sayyidna Abu Sarihah (Radhi Allah) or Zayd ibn Arqam (Shu’bah is uncertain about it) said that Prophet (salallaho alaihi wasalam) said: He for whom I am Mawla (friend, beloved, helper), Ali is Mawla
Reference 

[Sunnan al Tirimdhi Hadith No. 3733] – Imam Abu Isa Tirimdhi (rah) said: This Hadith is "HASAN SAHIH"



Hadith #2

Sayyidna Hubshi ibn Junadah (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger said: Ali is from me and I am from Ali
Reference 

[Sunnan Ibn Majah Hadith No. 119] – Imam Tirimdhi also narrated it and declared it Hassan Sahih.


Hadith #3

عن البراء بن عازب رضي الله عنه، قال: أقبلنا مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم في حجته التي حج، فنزل في بعض الطريق، فأمر الصلاة جامعة، فأخذ بيد علي رضي الله عنه، فقال: ألست أولى بالمؤمنين من أنفسهم؟ قالوا: بلى. قال: ألست أولى بكل مؤمن من نفسه؟ قالوا: بلى. قال: فهذا ولي من أنا مولاه، اللهم! وال من والاه، اللهم! عاد من عاداه

Translation: “Barā’ bin ‘Āzib (RA) narrates: We performed hajj with Allāh’s Messenger (SAW). On the way he stayed at a place and commanded us (to establish) the prayer in congregation. After this, he held ‘Alī’s hand, and said: Am I not nearer than the lives of the believers? They replied: Why not! He said: Am I not nearer than the life of every believer? They replied: Why not! He said: One who has me as his master has this (‘Alī) as his guardian. O Allāh! Befriend the one who befriends him and be the enemy of one who is his enemy.”

References:

► Ibn Mājah narrated this sound hadīth (tradition) in preface (al-muqaddimah) to his Sunan (1:88 # 116)

►Ibn Kathīr, al-Bidāyah wan-nihāyah (4:168)
►Ibn ‘Asākir, Tārīkh Dimashq al-kabīr (45:167, 168)
►Ibn ‘Abī ‘Āsim briefly mentioned in as-Sunnah (p.603 # 1362). 



Hadith #4

Most of the hadīth-scholars have described the tradition given below in the mode of revelation of the verse:

إنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللهُ وَرَسُوْلُه وَالَّذِيْنَ آمَنُوا الَّذِيْنَ يُقِيْمُوْنَ الصَّلاةَ وَيُؤْتُوْنَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُوْنَ

[Quran, al-Mā’idah 5:55]

(Surely your (helping) friend is Allāh and His Messenger and (along with them) are the believers who establish prayers, pay zakāh and bow down (in humility before Allāh (SWT))

عن عمار بن ياسر رضي الله عنه، يقول: وقف على علي بن أبي طالب رضي الله عنه سائل وهو راكع في تطوع، فنزع خاتمه فأعطاه السائل، فأتى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، فأعلمه ذالك، فنزلت على النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم هذه الآية: {إنَّمَا وَلِيُّكُمُ اللهُ وَرَسُوْله وَالَّذِيْنَ آمَنُوا الَّذِيْنَ يُقِيْمُوْنَ الصَّلاةَ وَيُؤْتُوْنَ الزَّكَاةَ وَهُمْ رَاكِعُوْنَ} فقرأها رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم، ثم قال: من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه، اللهم! وال من والاه، وعاد من عاداه


“It is narrated by ‘Ammār bin Yāsir (RA) that a beggar came up to ‘Alī (RA) and stood beside him. He was kneeling in prayer. He (the beggar) pulled out his ring and he gave the ring to the beggar. Then ‘Alī (RA) called on the Prophet (SAW) and told him the news.At this occasion, this verse was revealed to him: (Surely your (helping) friend is Allāh and His Messenger and (along with them) are the believers who establish prayers, pay zakāh and bow down (in humility before Allāh (SWT)). Allāh’s Messenger (SAW) read out the verse and said: One who has me as his master has ‘Alī as his master. O Allāh! Be his friend who befriends him (‘Alī) and be his enemy who is his enemy.”

References:

►Tabarānī related it in al-Mu‘jam-ul-awsat (7:129, 130 # 6228), al-Mu‘jam-ul-kabīr (4:174 # 4053; 5:195, 203, 204 # 5068, 5069, 5092, 5097), and in al-Mu‘jam-us-saghīr (1:65)

►Ahmad bin Hambal narrated it in al-Musnad (1:119; 4:372)
►Hākim, al-Mustadrak (3:119, 371 # 4576, 5594) 



Hadith #5


عن البراء بن عازب رضي الله عنه، قال: كنا مع رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم في سفر، فنزلنا بغدير خم، فنودي فينا: الصلاة جامعة، وكسح لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم تحت شجرتين، فصلى الظهر وأخذ بيد علي رضي الله عنه، فقال: ألستم تعلمون أنى أولى بالمؤمنين من أنفسهم؟ قالوا: بلى. قال: ألستم تعلمون أنى أولى بكل مؤمن من نفسه؟ قالوا: بلى. قال: فأخذ بيد علي رضي الله عنه، فقال: من كنت مولاه فعلي مولاه، اللهم! وال من والاه، وعاد من عاداه. قال: فلقيه عمر رضي الله عنه بعد ذلك، فقال له: هنيئا يا ابن أبي طالب! أصبحت وأمسيت مولى كل مؤمن ومؤمنة


Translation:“It is narrated by Barā’ bin ‘Āzib (RA): We were on a journey with Allāh’s Messenger (SAW). (On the way) we stayed at Ghadīr Khum. There it was announced that the prayer was about to be offered. The space under two trees was cleaned for Allāh’s Messenger (SAW). Then he offered the zuhr (noon) prayer, and, holding ‘Alī’s hand, he said: Don’t you know that I am even nearer than the lives of the believers? They said: Why not! He said: Don’t you know that I am even nearer than the life of every believer? They said: Why not! The narrator says that he said while holding ‘Alī’s hand: One who has me as his master has ‘Alī as his master. O Allāh! Befriend the one who befriends him (‘Alī) and be the enemy of one who is his enemy. The narrator says that after this ‘Umar (bin al-Khattāb (RA)) met ‘Alī (RA) and said to him: O Ibn Abī Tālib! Congratulations, you have become the master of every male and female believer, morning and evening (for ever).”

References

►Ahmad bin Hambal related it from Barā’ bin ‘Āzib through two different chains of transmission in al-Musnad (4:281)

►Ibn Abī Shaybah, al-Musannaf (12:78 # 12167)
►Ibn Kathīr in al-Bidāyah wan-nihāyah (4:169; 5:464)
►Ibn ‘Asākir, Tārīkh Dimashq al-kabīr (5:167, 168)
► Ibn Athīr, Asad-ul-ghābah (4:103)
► Dhahabī has said in Siyar a‘lām-in-nubalā’ (2:623, 624) 


0 comments:

Post a Comment